Bockingford® is a beautiful English watercolour paper, traditionally made on a cylinder mould machine at St Cuthberts Mill. This is a high quality paper made using pure materials to archival standards. Its attractive surface is created using natural woollen felts that give it a distinctive random texture. Appreciated for its excellent colour lifting abilities. This is an extremely forgiving watercolour paper valued by professional and amateur artists around the world. Bockingford® offers quality watercolour paper at an affordable price.
Taken from the official website of Cuthberts Mill www.stcuthbertsmill.com
ACID FREE: YES
costs: RRP From: £2.32 (full sheet)
Made from 100% woodfree bleached chemical pulp St Cuthberts Mill are experts in manufacturing high quality artists papers. Their master papermakers carefully make beautiful mould made papers, using one of the few remaining cylinder mould machines left in the world. They only use pure raw ingredients to guarantee the highest grade of archival papers. Their pulps and cotton linters are specially sourced for their purity and performance.
Hot Pressed & Rough only available in White
Cold pressed (NOT) available in White, Cream, Grey, Eggshell, Oatmeal & Blue
38cm x 28cm (½ size)
56cm x 76cm (Full Size)
1.52 x 10m (190 & 300gsm)
Pads & Spirals
Available sizes: 7" x 5", 10" x 7", A4, 12" x 9", 14" x 10", 16" x 12" (HP/CP & Rough)
14" x 5" & 20" x 15" Cold Pressed Only
12" x 9", 14" x 10" & 16" x 12" (HP/CP & Rough)
* Acid free & Archival
* Affordable price
* Mould made for superior surface stability
* Excellent colour lifting ability
* 5 Colour tints for the NOT paper range
* Suitable for multimedia - Pastels, Gouache, Acrylics, Pencil, Charcoal, pen & Ink and some print techniques
* Colour tints only available in the Cold pressed (NOT) paper
* May not be as easily accessible outside the UK
* May also be more expensive outside the UK and only sold in packs not individually.
* For Painters - As the paper does not have gelatine sizing, masking fluid should not be left on the paper for too long as it may damage the paper when removing.
General Storage and Handling Instructions
- Keep the paper in its original packaging until required.
- Store the paper flat.
- Avoid extremes of temperature or humidity.
- Do not store in direct sunlight.
- Handle the paper by the edges or underside. Avoid touching the area to be painted, as oils from the skin could affect the wash.